At the time of writing, the project has grossed more than $ 48,500 from donors, comfortably exceeding its goal of $ 30,000 with ten days to go. With a version of Switch now locked, the project is heading towards a number of lofty goals – fishing and cooking features have already been unlocked, and voice acting is the next target.
If you need a quick recap, here’s an official description and feature list:
Beacon Pines is a cute and spooky adventure game set in a magical storybook. You play as both the reader of the book and its main character, Luka. Explore the world to find word charms. Use your charms to change the course of fate!
Normal is not what it used to be. Shining trees, shady societies, running for your life and never knowing who to trust. Welcome to Beacon Pines!
– Explore an illustrated mountain town to collect word charms
– Use these words to change the story
– Use these words to make friends
– Use these words to weave the fabric of fate itself
– Open the magic book anytime to go back and change your decisions
– Beautifully illustrated art by Ilse Harting
– Original soundtrack by award-winning musician Matt Meyer
The Kickstarter ends on March 5th, so if you want to learn more about the project and lend your support to it, be sure to head there and Check it out before this date.
What do you think? Will you support this one? Maybe one for the wishlist in the future? Let us know in the comments.